Due to the current backlog in apps, processing time is 7 to 10 days. We apologize for the inconvenience. We appreciate your patience and your desire to adopt a rescue. An adoption team volunteer will be in touch soon.
If you are interested in adopting a Golden please fill out one of our forms at the bottom of the page or call us at (205) 290-7788. The adoption processes are thorough but remember “we are striving for that perfect fit of family and dog”. Adopting a dog is a decision that should not be taken lightly. Your dog will be a part of your family for a long time, and can provide you with years of enjoyment and wonderful memories.
- The process for adopting one of our Golden Retriever starts with completing an application and submitting a non-refundable $20 application fee.
- You will be called for a phone interview and a home visit by one of our volunteers. ALL family members must be present for the home visit.
- References from your application will be contacted.
- After your home check, one of our volunteers will work with you to match your family to the perfect dog.
- The adoption donation fee (which is tax deductible) varies according to the age of the dog (as per application for specifics). Adoption fees go to help offset the medical costs including spay/neutering, vaccinations, infections and allergies if needed. Fees are also used for behavioral training and boarding facilities.